(This page updated 1/15/2016)Step Sheets for Colorado Cha Cha:
- Make sure you get the "Manny & Alice Rodela" version, which is the "original" version, which is done in Denver Colorado. There are OTHER versions which are different.
- The below step sheet is a MODIFIED version of the 'Kickit' sheet. Additional notes have been added to it for "learning purposes".
- For learning purposes: If you start on the triple forward shuffle step (Kickit counts 27 & 28), then the dance breaks down into 3 parts of 8 beats each, plus 4 beats at the end for the 2 sways -- see my notes added on "Step Sheet Version 3" down below.
- Just remember, when they dance this in PUBLIC, they
start on what is my 'Count 3' -- which is Kickkit's 'Count 1', the right
forward rock step.
- To find the original unmodified Kickit sheet, go to http://kickit.to, and search for "Colorado Cha Cha", and make sure it's the Manny & Alice Rodela versions. (I tried to link directly to the Kickit Colorado Cha Cha sheet, but their URLs keep changing.) The same steps can be found on Copper Knob.
- Link 1 - Original Kickit Step Sheet
- Link 2 - Simplified Version by Jan Anderson
- Link 3 - Kickit sheet plus added notes by Jim Ingram
- Link 4 - Diagram Version
- (old 1993 version - no PDF for this sheet)
Step Sheet Version 2 - Simplified Version by Jan Anderson
Note 7/31/2018: This sheet has a minor ERROR at steps 13&14: it should be "1/2 turn LEFT", not 1/2 turn right as printed".
Step Sheet Version 3 - Kickit Sheet Plus Added Notes by Jim Ingram
Step Sheet Version 4 - Diagram Version
Step Sheet Version 5 - Jim Ingram's 1993 Version